Zelle is a free transfer service that allows you to send, receive or make payments to others.
Money transfer is easy with Zelle as it’s integrated with some major U.S banks. Transfers typically happen within minutes. Even if your bank institution doesn’t support Zelle, you can enroll with it using just your debit card.
Can I receive money on Zelle without a bank account?
- Can I receive money on Zelle without a bank account?
- How to use Zelle without a bank account
- Can credit union be used for enrolling in Zelle?
- Can Visa and MasterCard also be used?
- What if the recipient’s bank does not offer Zelle?
- How to start receiving money on Zelle without an account
- Other ways to send and receive money
- In Conclusion: Can I Receive Money From Zelle Without A Bank Account
The straightforward answer to that is: No. it is impossible to use Zelle without a bank account. You need to have a bank account to send and receive money through Zelle.
Zelle transfers money from your bank account to the recipient’s bank account. It is a service used by bank customers to transfer their money between bank accounts in the U.S.
If you still want to use Zelle, there are some alternative ways to do that.
If you don’t have a bank account currently and want to take advantage of Zelle services, there are alternatives to it.
How to use Zelle without a bank account
You can try making a Transferwise borderless account which can prove helpful to you. The benefit of having a Transferwise borderless account is: you can use it just like a bank account for sending and receiving money.
You will not be charged any fees for money transfers in this type of account. If you successfully created a borderless Transferwise account, you can use the Debit card number to enroll in Zelle.
This is powered by MasterCard and is accepted to enroll in Zelle app. Even though Zelle only supports U.S based cards, Transferwise borderless debit card is the only one that can be used internationally and is acceptable by Zelle.
Can credit union be used for enrolling in Zelle?
The good news is that you can use a credit union debit card for enrolling in Zelle.
All you have to do is sign up as usual and use your credit union debit card details as your bank information in the app. Zelle will accept your card if it is issued in the USA or from a U.S credit union.
Can Visa and MasterCard also be used?
It cannot be said that MasterCard and visa are not acceptable by Zelle. There are also instances where Zelle denies visa and MasterCard Debit cards. Hence, to know whether it works or not, you can give it a try.
What if the recipient’s bank does not offer Zelle?
If you have sent money to someone whose bank institution does not offer Zelle, worry not, he can still receive the money by enrolling in Zelle. Even if some banks aren’t integrated with Zelle, it offers you to enroll with your debit card, email address or phone number, Visa or Master Card with a US-based account.
How to start receiving money on Zelle without an account
Start receiving money on Zelle with the simple steps:
- You will receive an email or text notification if someone sent you money from Zelle.
- You need to click on the link given in the email or text notification.
- You will be redirected to the google play store or the Apple App Store. Download the app from there if you haven’t already and click on “get started”.
- Enter your email or phone number according to the type of transfer sent to you. Now select “continue”.
- Search for your bank on the “find your bank” screen. If your bank is listed with Zelle you will be redirected to your bank’s website to complete the process.
- If you cannot see your bank in the list, click on “Don’t See your Bank?”.
- Now add your visa or Mastercard debit card on the “add Debit Card option” screen. Click on continue.
- The last step is to add your billing address and tap on “continue”.
You’re set to use Zelle.
Other ways to send and receive money
Using Zelle without a bank account is challenging, but it doesn’t mean you ran out of options. Zelle is not the only way to transfer money; other apps allow you to do that without a banking account. These let you send and receive money from anyone residing in the U.S.
- Venmo (U.S. domestic only)
- Facebook Messenger Payments (U.S. domestic only)
- PayPal (U.S. domestic and international)
- Snapchat Snapcash (U.S. domestic only)
- Square Cash (U.S. domestic only)
Even if they do not support Zelle transfer, most banks have a transfer system that you can use to transfer money. Most banks have almost negligible transfer fees or even free transfers.
Therefore, if you have a bank account, it is recommended to use your bank for transferring money directly without using a third-party app like Zelle.
In Conclusion: Can I Receive Money From Zelle Without A Bank Account
Although Zelle is a banking app, depending on your bank account for transferring money, there can be alternatives if you do not have a bank account.
Hence, please don’t lose hope, for we are here to provide you with possible solutions to your problems.