How to Connect Zelle to your Bank account
- How to Connect Zelle to your Bank account
- Connecting your bank account with Zelle
- Let’s take a look at how you can easily connect your bank account with the Zelle app:
- Username and password
- Can You Connect Zelle to Multiple Bank Accounts?
- Can I switch to another bank account with Zelle?
- How to delete a bank account on Zelle?
- Is my information secure on Zelle?
- Have any other unsolved queries?
Zelle is a mobile payment app, which has given us an easier, faster, and secure way of transferring money to our friends and families. The fact that it has been created by a union of some major banks of the U.S has made it surpass all the other payment apps.
Zelle is an easy-to-use app, as partnered with more than 2 dozen banks. Hence, connecting your bank account to Zelle is not a very tough task.
Connecting your bank account with Zelle
We all know most banks support Zelle, yet it can be difficult to determine which bank does support Zelle or not. To find this out, make sure to directly contact your bank and enquire about it.
Let’s take a look at how you can easily connect your bank account with the Zelle app:
Once you’re sure your bank supports Zelle, download the app from the Google Play store or the Apple app store if you’re an iPhone user.
Keep your email address, phone number, and debit card information handy as they are required during the time of registration. Make sure it’s a U.S bank account as Zelle supports payments only within the U.S.
The next step is to visit your online banking app or log in from their website. For example, if you have an account in Wells Fargo bank you need to:
- Sign in to your Wells Fargo online banking app and go to transfer and pay.
- Click on the option ‘send money with Zelle’
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Lastly, add your email address and your phone number.
- You will then receive a code or password. Confirm your account in order to use it.
Username and password
Since Zelle is supported by almost all the major banks of the U.S, your bank might allow you to enroll within Zelle using the same username and password as you have in your bank account. You can set the same password or username with Zelle as you have for your bank account.
However, this feature varies from bank to bank. Therefore you’ll be redirected to your bank’s website if your bank allows this feature. This option would be prompted when you’re about to enter your username and a password. After entering this information you’d be redirected back to the Zelle app.
At the point when you need to enter a username and password, that’s when this option will be prompted. Once you’ve entered the information, you’ll return to the Zelle app.
Important note: Even though you’ll use the same password when connecting Zelle and your bank account, you will need to create a password to use from then on.
Can You Connect Zelle to Multiple Bank Accounts?
Many people nowadays have multiple bank account hence you might be wondering whether you can use multiple bank accounts with Zelle. This would have been very convenient if Zelle supported this feature. However, this feature is not provided by the Zelle app yet.
It also depends on your banks to decide whether your account is eligible to be enrolled with Zelle. You must remember that enrolling with the Zelle app you only need to provide your visa debit card or Visa master card as Zelle does not support credit cards.
Can I switch to another bank account with Zelle?
Although using multiple accounts at a time is not supported by the app you can easily switch your account if you wish to. You will need to unlike the current account you’re using and then proceed to fill in the other bank’s info:
- Open your Zelle app
- Go to the settings tap from the upper left corner of the screen
- Select your account and select switch accounts.
- Further you’ll be given instructions on the screen. Follow to proceed.
You will be directed to your current account and disconnect.
You will be redirected to unlink your current account and add a new account. However, you must remember that linking another account would make you lose all the previous associated bank account’s transaction history.
How to delete a bank account on Zelle?
If you wish to delete the Zelle account you can do it through your banking app. There’s no way you can do it through your Zelle app. You have to contact your financial institution and follow the instructions provided by your bank’s customer service operator.
If you’re a customer of the Bank of America, you can find the bank’s mobile banking support phone number by the following steps:
- Open the website of the Bank of America.
- Click on Help on the top right corner of the home page.
- Click on ‘ways to contact us’ on the ‘We’re here to help’ option.
- Click on ‘Mobile banking’ in the third column to the right.
- Now you can find the mobile banking support phone number on the screen under the ‘call us’ option.
Is my information secure on Zelle?
Yes, your information is kept secure on Zelle. The Zelle app uses authentication and monitoring features to keep your payments more secure, hence it is safe to use the Zelle app. However, neither your bank nor Zelle takes any responsibility for the protection of fraud or scams.
Hence you must be careful while transferring payments to people. Always double-check the email address or phone number you provide. You need to be extra careful especially when it’s a large amount to be sent.
Have any other unsolved queries?
You can always contact Zelle’s customer support.