Nowadays, more and more people are using Zelle to transfer money. It’s easy, fast, and secure. Zelle is a service that allows you to send money quickly and securely, without having to go through your bank. Read Here How To Make A Zelle Account Without Bank account – Easily, Quickly, And Securely!
It’s a free service from the mobile banking app of participating banks! In this article, we will show you how easy it is to set up a Zelle account without going through your bank.
How to make a Zelle account without a bank
- How to make a Zelle account without a bank
- Can you use Zelle without a bank account?
- How can I use Zelle without a bank account?
- Can credit union be used for enrolling in Zelle?
- Can Visa and MasterCard also be used?
- What if you don’t have a Smartphone?
- If you are unable to create a Zelle account what then?
- How can I receive money from the Zelle app without an account?
- Still having trouble To Make A Zelle Account Without Bank?
Zelle is a free transfer service that allows you to send, receive or make payments to others.
As Zelle is integrated with some of the major banks of the U.S, hence money transfer becomes easy and seamless with Zelle. Transfers happen typically within minutes. Even if your bank institution doesn’t support Zelle you can enroll with it using just your debit card.
Can you use Zelle without a bank account?
No, unfortunately, you will need a bank account to transfer money through Zelle.
Zelle transfers money from your bank account. It is a service used by bank customers to transfer their money between bank accounts in the U.S.
Worry not! We have come up with some alternate ways if you don’t have a bank account currently and want to take advantage of Zelle services.
How can I use Zelle without a bank account?
You can try making a Transferwise borderless account which can prove helpful to you. The benefit of having a Transferwise borderless account is: you can use it just like a bank account for sending and receiving money.
You will not be charged any fees for money transfers in this type of account. Now if you successfully created a borderless Transferwise account you can use the Debit card number to enroll in Zelle.
This is powered by MasterCard and is accepted to enroll in Zelle app. Even though Zelle only supports U.S based cards Transferwise borderless debit card is the only one that can be used internationally and is acceptable by Zelle.
Can credit union be used for enrolling in Zelle?
The good news is that you can use a credit union debit card for enrolling in Zelle.
All you have to do is sign up as usual and use your credit union debit card details as your bank information in the app. Zelle will accept your card if it is issued in the USA or it is from a U.S credit union.
Can Visa and MasterCard also be used?
It cannot be said that MasterCard and visa are not acceptable by Zelle. There are also instances where visa and MasterCard Debit cards are denied by Zelle. Hence, to know whether it works or not you can give it a try.
What if you don’t have a Smartphone?
If you don’t have a bank account and want to use the Zelle app without a Smartphone that’s not possible. For that, you must have a bank account as you will need to use Zelle through your bank to conduct Zelle transfers.
You need to find out if your credit union or bank offers Zelle or not. If it does then you might be able to use their online banking site to make money transfers without a Smartphone.
If you are unable to create a Zelle account what then?
It is difficult to use Zelle without a bank account but it doesn’t mean you ran out of options. Zelle is not the only way to transfer money to people. There are other apps that allow you to do that without a banking account. These allow you to send and receive money from anyone residing in the U.S.
- Venmo (US domestic only)
- Facebook Messenger Payments (US domestic only)
- PayPal (US domestic and international)
- Snapchat Snapcash (US domestic only)
- Square Cash (US domestic only)
Most banks even if they don’t support Zelle transfer have their transfer system which you can use for transferring money. Most banks have almost negligible transfer fees or even free transfers.
Therefore if you have a bank account it is recommended to use your bank for transferring money directly without using a third-party app like Zelle.
How can I receive money from the Zelle app without an account?
Let’s say you have a bank account but you haven’t enrolled in Zelle. What happens if someone sends money to you and you want to receive money even though you don’t have a Zelle account?
If you already have a Zelle account, you need not worry as the money will reach directly into your associated bank account within minutes.
Here is how you can start receiving money through Zelle even if you don’t have a Zelle account:
- If someone sent you money through Zelle, you’ll receive a payment notification about it, either on your email or on your phone number.
- Click on the link provided in the email or text.
- Download the Zelle app through Google play store or Apple app store, if you haven’t already.
- Enter your phone number or email address depending upon the kind of payment done to you. Click ‘continue’.
- Read the policy and security and check the box if you agree with their terms and conditions. Then tap ‘continue’.
- Search for your bank on the ‘find your bank’ screen to complete the transaction, you’ll automatically be redirected to your bank’s website. There you can complete the process.
- If you can’t see your listed bank, you can tap on the ‘don’t see your bank?’ prompt on the screen.
- You need to add your debit card number and details like the expiration date for the next step and tap on ‘continue’ to proceed.
Enter your billing address and tap on continue.
Still having trouble To Make A Zelle Account Without Bank?
You can contact the Zelle customer support team through their toll-free number.
Conclusion: How To Make A Zelle Account Without A Bank Account
We hope you found this article helpful and that it will make the process of opening a Zelle account easier for you. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you!