Zelle is a service offered by Wells Fargo that allows you to send money from your bank account to another person’s bank account. It is similar in some ways to PayPal, but there are some major differences.
One of the main advantages of Zelle is that it can be used with any bank, not just Wells Fargo. But what happens when you want to stop using this service? Here are 10 fast ways that will help turn off Zelle payments at wells Fargo.
Zelle The digital money transfer app
- Zelle The digital money transfer app
- Enrolling with Zelle on Wells Fargo:
- How to turn off Zelle with Wells Fargo?
- Henceforth follow the simple steps to delete your Zelle account with Wells Fargo:
- Possible reasons for turning off Zelle:
- Why do not use Zelle for making payments to strangers
- Protecting yourself from Scams:
- Canceling a payment with Wells Fargo:
- Here’S How To Turn Off Zelle On Wells Fargo
- If You Are Having Any More Trouble: Turning Off Zelle With Wells Fargo
If you are a Zeller user, you must already know Zelle is been supported by more than two dozen banks in the U.S therefore you might be wondering if your bank supports Zelle payments too. If you have a bank account with Wells Fargo bank, then obviously you can use Zelle with Wells Fargo.
With Zelle, money transfer happens typically within minutes if the recipient and the sender both have a bank account partnered with Zelle.
However, if you didn’t find the app convenient or faces certain issues you might want to delete or turn off your Zelle account.
Enrolling with Zelle on Wells Fargo:
If you want to enroll in Zelle you must have a U.S bank account. You can enroll in Zelle with the Wells Fargo app or their website.
- Go to the Wells Fargo app and sign in to your account.
- Click on ‘Transfer and pay’.
- Navigate to ‘Send money with Zelle’
- Read and accept the terms and conditions given on the screen.
- Enter an email address or U.S based phone number and select the account you want to deposit your money.
- Hence you are enrolled with Zelle and ready to use it for transfers.
Note: you might receive a one-time verification code on your email or phone number. Check your messages and enter the code if asked.
How to turn off Zelle with Wells Fargo?
If you want to turn off your Zelle account and you are a Wells Fargo user you would need to visit their website.
Henceforth follow the simple steps to delete your Zelle account with Wells Fargo:
- Visit the Wells Fargo website
- Tap on the ‘Customer Service’ option in the upper right corner of the page.
- Scroll down on the screen. Navigate to ‘Customer Service support topics’.
- Now tap on ‘mobile features’.
- In the next screen find the section ‘Still have queries?’ on the right.
Now tap on the plus sign next to the ‘Call us’ option. This would help you contact their customer service. Once connected, the operator will instruct you on how to delete your Zelle account.
If you are a user of any other bank you would need to visit their online website and find their contact number the operator will guide you on the further steps
You cannot delete a Zelle account through the Zelle app.
Possible reasons for turning off Zelle:
If you have been a Zelle user and have not liked their service for some reason you might want to delete the account.
Your experience will Zelle might have been bad hence you would want to turn off the Zelle account.
You might have found better money transfer apps.
You might have experienced a scam or fraud and that can be a valid reason to stop using Zelle services.
Why do not use Zelle for making payments to strangers
Zelle is a fast money transfer service designed to transfer money instantly. With its peer-to-peer transfer service, it has become easier and faster to transfer money within moments. However, this comes with its downsides too.
Zelle states, that all payments are done are irrevocable. That means once the payment is done you cannot retrieve the money. Hence if you sent money to the wrong person you might not be able to get the money back. The only to get your money back from them is to ask them to send you the amount.
The fast and easy service of Zelle has also invited scammers who are using this service to their advantage.
Often people try to pretend to sell items by taking payments in advance. You are scammed when you never receive the product even after paying the money. In this case, you won’t be able to get your money back from the scammer. You should try contacting your bank or Zelle customer care services if you are a victim of a scam.
A safe way to use Zelle is when you use it for transferring money only to the people you trust such as your friends and family.
Protecting yourself from Scams:
Never disclose your Zeller username and password to anyone over the phone.
If you receive an anonymous text asking you to enter a verification code, this might be potentially a scam as Zeller never sends you this kind of message unless you have sent Zelle any information previously.
Don’t let other people to create your Zelle account. If you are having trouble setting up your account you must contact their customer care services for assistance.
Canceling a payment with Wells Fargo:
It is already mentioned how payments with Zelle are irrevocable. However, there still is a way to cancel a Zelle payment. If the person you sent the money to isn’t enrolled in Zelle then you might be able to cancel the payment until they haven’t claimed it.
Here’S How To Turn Off Zelle On Wells Fargo
- Go to the Wells Fargo app on your phone.
- Log in using your username and password.
- Once done go to the ‘Account summary’.
- Now on the home screen tap on ‘Send money with Zelle’.
- Go to the activity section to see all your payments.
- To cancel your payment, click on ‘Pending’.
Now you can see the receiver’s name and the amount you sent to them. Tap on the ‘Cancel’ button below that to cancel your payment.
If You Are Having Any More Trouble: Turning Off Zelle With Wells Fargo
You can contact your bank or contact the Zelle customer support team for any further queries through the toll-free number.
Conclusion About turn off Zelle Wells Fargo
Zelle is a service that allows you to send money to anyone with an email address, phone number, or bank account. It’s easy to set up and use in your Wells Fargo mobile app. But if for some reason it doesn’t work out for you, here are the steps on how to turn off Zelle Wells Fargo in order to stop getting notifications from us about the service when sending funds through our online banking website at wellsfargo.com/onlinebanking. We’re sorry-this article has been so helpful! If there are any other questions please feel free to contact us! Thank you again for reading!