Zelle is an instant money transfer app. It allows you to send and receive money with your friends and relatives quickly and easily. Zelle has grown popular with time as it has partnered with more than 30 major U.S. banks. It is a P2P transfer service; hence it is quick and secure, completing the transaction typically within minutes.
Zelle is a great app for digital money transfer. It allows you to send money to anyone having an eligible bank account in the U.S just by entering their registered mobile number or email address.
Can I connect more than one bank account to my Zelle profile?
- Can I connect more than one bank account to my Zelle profile?
- Can I use two Zelle accounts with the same email?
- Can I use Zelle with Multiple Bank Accounts?
- How can You Link Multiple Accounts with Zelle?
- Things to be kept in mind if you create a second Zelle account:
- How to use the second account for transferring money
- Can I Zelle money from one bank account to another bank account of mine?
- Switching to different accounts on Zelle
- Issues with a new Zelle account
- in Conclusion: Multiple Bank Accounts With Zelle
You can use one bank account to log into your Zelle profile at a given time. You need different mobile phone numbers or email addresses for each of the accounts.
Can I use two Zelle accounts with the same email?
No, you cannot use two different Zelle accounts with the same email. You must have different email addresses to link with each of the accounts.
Can I use Zelle with Multiple Bank Accounts?
Yes, it is possible to create two different accounts on Zelle but it is conditional. If you want to set up Zelle with one account, you need to go to your online banking app or their website portal and enroll with Zelle from that account.
However, if you want to make two Zelle accounts, you must have another account in a different bank linked with a different mobile phone number and email. Hence it is difficult to have two Zelle accounts with only one bank account number. You must have another account in a bank to create a different Zelle account.
Visit your second bank account’s mobile banking app and enroll the same way you did for the first one.
- Download the app from there if you haven’t already and click on “get started”.
- Enter your email or phone number. Now select “continue”.
- Search for your bank on the “find your bank” screen. If your bank is listed with Zelle you will be redirected to your bank’s website to complete the process.
- If you cannot see your bank in the list, click on “Don’t See your Bank?”.
- Now add your visa or Mastercard debit card on the “add Debit Card option” screen. Click on continue.
- The last step is to add your billing address and tap on “continue”.
You are all set to use Zelle.
Things to be kept in mind if you create a second Zelle account:
You should be aware that Zelle does not allow you to connect the same bank account to two Zelle accounts.
Keep in mind that it is impossible to enroll with two bank accounts attached to one Zelle account. It might be inconvenient for you if you want to transfer money from different bank accounts. However, you never know, this feature might be available in the future.
How to use the second account for transferring money
If you successfully created your second Zelle account, the steps would seem very easy.
- For sending money to your second bank account using your banking app
- go to the transaction section
- Enter your other Zelle account’s phone number or email address.
- Now choose the amount you want to transfer and confirm it.
- The transfer would reach your second account within minutes.
- You can also send money through the Zelle directly through the send screen.
- Enter your second account’s registered phone number or email and fill in the amount you want to transfer. The money would, hence, get transferred.
Can I Zelle money from one bank account to another bank account of mine?
You can send money to almost anyone with a bank account in the U.S. using an email address or U.S. mobile number. Hence, it is possible to send money from one bank account to another bank account.
Switching to different accounts on Zelle
To switch to a different account:
- You can easily switch from one account to another on the Zelle app.
- On the top left corner of your screen, click on the gear icon.
- Tap on “account.”
- Now click on “switch accounts.”
- You will be redirected to unlink your current account and add a new account.
- When you switch to a different account you will lose all your Zelle transaction history associated with the older account.
Issues with a new Zelle account
If you did not receive money in your second bank account; you might not have set up your second account correctly.
You will have to enroll in the app correctly to receive the payment in your bank account. If not done so, your payment will be transferred back into your account within 14 days of the transaction.
If your bank does not support Zelle, you can only transfer money using the Zelle app. The transfer limit goes down to $500 per week.
in Conclusion: Multiple Bank Accounts With Zelle
Your Zelle accounts must be set up correctly for your efficient use. The process might be complicated as you need different phone numbers and email addresses which each bank account. However, when your setup is done, you can enjoy the benefits.
We hope you found this article helpful. There are ways you can add multiple bank accounts to Zelle which might be convenient to you. Let us know your thoughts about having multiple bank accounts associated with Zelle.