Zelle is a mobile payment app that allows peer-to-peer transfers. It was developed by more than 30 major banks of the U.S and has a standalone app. Banks partnered with Zelle to provide you with the feature of using Zelle directly within their mobile banking app.
If your bank is not partnered with Zelle, you can still enroll in Zelle in the app. One must have a smartphone to access the Zelle app.
Can I use Zelle on the computer?
Zelle is a fast, secure and, easy way of sending and receiving money. You can send money to almost any person in the U.S with just an email or phone number. Zelle can be accessed in two ways:
Your mobile banking app.
If Zelle supports your bank, you can use it within your mobile banking app directly. However, if your bank is not integrated with Zelle, you have to download the Zelle app and enroll using your debit card in this case, you won’t be able to access Zelle through your bank’s mobile app.
If you use Zelle within your mobile banking app, you can easily use Zelle on your desktop by visiting your banking website.
How to use Zelle from PC?
Visit your bank’s website and sign in to your account. Click on send money with Zelle to send money, to anybody just like you do on your mobile phone!
If your bank or credit union does not provide Zelle, you need a smartphone to use the Zelle app.
How can I download the Zelle app on the desktop?
Well, you already know you cannot access the Zelle app directly through a PC. However, we have found a way how you can start using the app even on your PC.
- To download and use the app on PC, you will need an emulator.
- Follow the steps to download the Zelle app on your computer:
- The first step starts with downloading an Android emulator on your computer. It can be an emulator like Bluestacks, KOPlayer, Bluestacks Rooted.
- After downloading an emulator, open it.
- In the search box of your emulator, enter Zelle to search for the app. Click on the Zelle icon to start downloading.
- You can also go to google play in your emulator to start the download.
- Once you have successfully installed the Zelle app, open it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen once in Zelle and start using it.
How to get started with Zelle?
Once you have the app on your PC, you can get started right away.
To get started with Zelle, you need to enroll with your email address or, U.S based phone number.
Agree to the terms and conditions, and enter your debit cards details such as debit card number and expiration date, etc.
Now you can start using Zelle to send and receive money directly to your bank account!
What banks use Zelle?
Zelle is developed by Early Warning Services, LLC, which is a fintech company owned by seven of America’s established banks. Banks like Bank of America, Truist, JP Morgan Chase, PNC Bank, Capital One, Wells Fargo, and U.S Bank own the company.
While Zelle was developed by these major banks, with time it has partnered with other Banks of the U.S. and provided the users the convenience of using Zelle directly within their mobile banking app. A list of such Banks is given here;
- Ally Bank
- Bank of America
- Bank of Hawaii
- Bank of the West
- Capital One
- Citizens Bank
- Comerica Bank
- ConnectOne Bank
- Dollar Bank
- Fifth Third Bank
- First Tech Federal Credit Union
- First Tennessee Bank
- First National Bank
- Frederick County Bank
- Frost Bank
- HomeStreet Bank
- JP Morgan Chase
- M&T Bank
- MB Financial Bank
- Morgan Stanley
- PNC Bank
- SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union
- Star One Credit Union
- SunTrust Bank
- TD Bank
- U.S. Bank
- Wells Fargo
Note: There are almost thousands of banks that support Zelle, we have provided a general list of common banks that may help you get an insight. If you are not sure whether your bank works with Zelle, you must reach out to your bank and find out.
Why use Zelle?
Why use Zelle is a rather interesting question. Zelle is fast, secure, and convenient that making the app popular all over the country.
Zelle transfers your money almost instantly. When you send money to someone who is already enrolled with Zelle, money gets transferred almost within minutes.
If the recipient is not enrolled with Zelle, they must enroll with Zelle within 14 days to claim the payment.
Zelle works directly with banks making it secure. When you are using Zelle directly from your mobile banking app, it provides you bank-level security. All your financial data is safe and not shared with any third-party services. Hence, there are few chances of fraud using it with your financial institutions.
Zelle does not charge any fee for making transactions. You can send money to anyone around the country without having to worry about transaction fees.
You do not need to provide any of your bank account information or account number to start a transfer. With just an email or phone number, you can start a transfer.
Sending money has never been easy. With Zelle, you can send money to all parts of the country without having to visit your bank and wait in long queues.
How to request money with Zelle?
You can also receive money through Zelle by requesting it from one of your contacts. Follow the simple steps:
1. After logging in to your Zelle account, click on “Request” on the main screen.
2. Pick a contact you want to send money to. If they don’t have the Zelle app you need to invite them first.
3. Enter the amount you want to send and click on Review.
4. You can include a memo (it’s optional). Tap on Request. When the recipient accepts your request, you’ll receive the money shortly.
How to send money with Zelle?
To start sending money you need to open the Zelle app o your device. You can transfer money to almost anyone you know and trust. Make sure you enter the correct details like email or phone number, so the amount is sent to the correct person.
- Once you launch the app on your device, hit on send to start a transfer.
- Enter the amount of money you want to send and select the recipient
- Once you have entered the amount, click on review.
- Review the details and hit “send.”
- The amount will be available to the recipient in a few minutes.
To start using Zelle on your PC you just need to download an emulator and you are good to go. Zelle has made life easier with its instant service and almost everybody wants to try Zelle.
Even if you do not a mobile phone, you can use Zelle by downloading the app on your PC or your smartphone.
We hope your query is resolved. Let us know!