Zelle was developed by several major banks in the U.S. Being supported by major banks of the U.S, Zelle has given tough competition to other payment services like Venmo or Cash App.
Zelle transfers money directly from one bank account to another giving the advantage of direct bank transfers. Zelle is specially made for personal payments. You can use Zelle for paying a friend, family, or someone you trust. All you need is an email or a U.S phone number to start a transaction.
An advantage of Zelle over Venmo is that Zelle does not have a wallet and the money gets transferred directly to the bank account. Venmo, on the other hand, takes two business days to get your money transferred to your bank account.
List of banks that work with Zelle
- List of banks that work with Zelle
- How to check whether your bank works with Zelle?
- How to get started with Zelle?
- How to receive money in my bank with Zelle?
- How much can I send and receive using Zelle?
- How long does it take to receive money with Zelle?
- Is Zelle Safe to Use?
- Bottom line: What Banks Use Zelle Near Me
Zelle works with almost a thousand apps now. It is almost impossible not to find your bank among them. If your bank participates with Zelle, you can easily use Zelle within your banking app.
Here is a list of some of the major banking apps participating with Zelle:
- Ally Bank
- Wells Fargo
- Bank of America
- Bank of Hawaii
- Bank of the West
- Capital One
- Citizens Bank
- Comerica Bank
- ConnectOne Bank
- Dollar Bank
- Fifth Third Bank
- First Tech Federal Credit Union
- First Tennessee Bank
- First National Bank
- Frederick County Bank
- Frost Bank
- HomeStreet Bank
- JP Morgan Chase
- M&T Bank
- MB Financial Bank
- Morgan Stanley
- PNC Bank
- SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union
- Star One Credit Union
- SunTrust Bank
- TD Bank
- U.S. Bank
How to check whether your bank works with Zelle?
It becomes easier to use Zelle if one’s bank supports it. Then, you can start using Zelle directly from your mobile banking app.
- To know whether your bank participates with Zelle
- Go to the official Zelle website at: www.zellepay.comNow find and click on the tab called “get started.”
- Scroll down on the page that appears to find your bank listed among the Banks on the website.
If you still are unsure whether your bank works with Zelle or not, you can directly reach out to your bank and find out from them.
How to get started with Zelle?
It is quite easy to use Zelle within your banking app if your bank supports Zelle.
Keep your email address, phone number, and debit card information handy as they are required during the time of registration. Make sure it’s a U.S bank account as Zelle supports payments only within the U.S.
The next step is to visit your online banking app or log in from their website. For example, if you have an account in Wells Fargo you need to:
- Sign in to your Wells Fargo online banking app and go to transfer and pay.
- Click on the option ‘send money with Zelle’
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Lastly, add your email address and your phone number.
- You will then receive a code or password. Confirm your account to use it.
How to receive money in my bank with Zelle?
If someone sent you money and you want to claim it without a Zelle account, follow the given steps:
- If someone sent you money through Zelle, you will receive a payment notification about it, either on your email or on your phone number.
- Click on the link provided in the email or text.
- Download the Zelle app through Google play store or Apple app store, if you haven’t already.
- Enter your phone number or email address depending upon the kind of payment done to you. Click ‘continue’.
- Read the policy and security and check the box if you agree with their terms and conditions. Then tap ‘continue’.
- Search for your bank on the ‘find your bank’ screen to complete the transaction, you’ll automatically be redirected to your bank’s website. There you can complete the process.
- If you can’t see your listed bank, you can tap on the “don’t see your bank?” prompt on the screen.
- You need to add your debit card number and details like the expiration date for the next step and tap on continue to proceed.
9. Enter your billing address and tap on continue.
Your account is set up now. You can now accept transfers and view money already in your account.
How much can I send and receive using Zelle?
If your bank doesn’t offer Zelle, you might just be able to send $500 a week.
But if your bank does offer Zelle, you might be able to transfer larger amounts. However, different bank intuitions have different spending limits which you’ll need to find out. There are no limits on the amount of money you can receive through your email or phone number.
Therefore, having a bank account in a bank that works with Zelle gives you more advantages.
How long does it take to receive money with Zelle?
Money sent through Zelle is typically available within minutes if the recipient is enrolled with the app.
However, if you didn’t receive money in 3 days, it is recommended to check your profile and see if you have fully enrolled and completed your profile on the app.
It is also advisable to check with the sender whether your email or phone number provided was correct.
If you are using Zelle through your bank or credit union’s mobile app or online banking, you can check their support FAQs, or even contact their customer support team for help.
Is Zelle Safe to Use?
Zelle is safe to use unless you use it with unknown people. There can be many risks associated with Zelle. Hence, you must know the risks before you start using it.
Zelle has become popular with time because of its simplicity and easy-to-use feature. Although Zelle has a payment service, partnering with more than 100 financial institutions.
Even though Zelle has partnered with big banks, it does not have any protection feature because banks treat Zelle’s transactions as cash and not as a credit or debit card. Hence, it does not have features with cards where you can reverse a transaction by contacting your bank.
Zelle works with a lot of banks hence it is easy to find a bank that works with Zelle. If you do not yet have a bank account, it might be wise to select a bank that works with Zelle. If you use Zelle within your banking app it becomes easy to use.
Most of the issues can get solved directly by contacting your bank.